Monday, October 10, 2011

An ode to a great man...


I really do not know where to begin….

I understand that life is not in our control. I understand that God deserves his angels. I understand that the “good die young…”
I just can not understand why.

Junior, you truly touched my life, more than anyone could imagine…You were the epitome of what us at CFA try to emulate.
I would have never expected this and perhaps I took our time together for granted.

You truly were one of the greatest clients I could have had.
In the gym and in life you were relentless…Every time you came in to CFA there wasn’t anything you couldn’t do…You trained harder than me, I couldn’t believe it.

You were one of the few that could out train the trainer, with a smile on your face and all the while dismissing the possibility.

You were humble, strong, and by far the most positive person in the room, every single time.

You are loved Junior, Not simply by me, but by your whole community, by the whole CFA family, and by God himself…

I remember every day that you didn’t make it in the gym at least 3 or 4 people would ask me “where’s Junior?”

I would reply with something like “Oh, he’s just being lazy..” I wish that was still the case…

So many of us mourn your loss Junior…I still can’t believe this…

You made my training better; you pushed me to be better…

Never once have I resented or felt ill will towards you…You exuded the most magnificent aura. Nobody could ever hate on Junior.

You know, I have never lost a friend I deemed so close to me. I never knew how it would feel… Now I wish that I never had to experience it.

Our time was short, but I would not trade it for anything in the world.

Our talks before and after training touched on every aspect of life; from health and fitness to fish and window panes…
There was always something to discuss.

We had a lot in common…Perhaps that is why in such a short time I could care so much… I will never forget you Junior.

I am truly sorry. I feel like your life was in my hands that Saturday morning…

I wish I would have told you to come at the 9:00 am class instead of the usual 8:00 am…you would still be here with us today…

 I feel horrible inside. But I know you are in a better place…

Thank you for your friendship. Thank you for always challenging me. Thank you for being you; the unrelenting, positive, humble, magnificent human being that you were.

I will not ever forget you my friend. My classes won’t be the same without you. Now when people ask “Where’s junior?” the only reply I can say is “In my heart…”

I love ya bro, thank you for everything…

No comments:

Post a Comment