Thursday, March 10, 2011

My 4 main motivations for succeeding at life

To anyone that chooses to read this blog, thank you.  I sincerely mean it. My goal is to help you through my experiences, thoughts, beliefs, and knowledge that i have gained throughout the year. My passion is you, even if i do not know you yet. If I can improve your life in anyway possible, I have succeeded. and i mean that from the deepest part of my heart.
Over the past 23 years of my life I have been through a lot, and i have grown from every experience. I have taken steps both forward and backwards in my life, but the one thing that I can always say is that I learn from every situation. Today I want to discuss my 4 main motivations to succeed.

1. My Mother. I was near the end of my 4th grade year. My mother, sister, and I had just been evicted from our apartment in Fresno, Ca. After about 2 weeks of staying with my moms boyfriend, my mom had to make a choice. She couldn't financially sustain the life she had felt we deserved. Since my mom couldn't give us the quality of life that she wanted for us, she had called my Aunt Sue and asked her to take us in. When my aunt came to pick us up I looked out of the back window to my mother as we drove away. The pain that I could see in her eyes burned a hole in my heart deeply, it was one of the most heartbreaking moments of my life. the memory is so strong that I could catapult myself to that feeling at any moment as if it was happening right now. I feel the pain, I feel the tears, I feel it all. that day I understood the meaning of sacrificing your own wants for the betterment of others. I thank my mother so much for doing it. She owns a giant piece of my heart, and that memory I replay in my head everyday, not because I'm some masochist that likes to feel pain, but because of the motivation it gives me, I want to do the best i can because I know she deserves it.  She taught me love, compassion, and most of all how to get the most out of every bad and great situation that life presents. I must succeed, for her.

2. Michelle. About 1 year before that, my father had picked me up to take me to thanksgiving (or Christmas) dinner at my Aunt Sue's house. I had no idea of the news I was about to hear, Life was good I was about to see my family who I rarely saw, and it was great food. after arriving to my aunts house my father took my sister and I into my aunts bedroom. the news I was about to receive would change my thought process so much forever. My half sister Michelle, had been shot in the head and died. She was 15 (I was told it wasn't murder but they were playing with it. which I will never be able to fully accept). I had only met her a handful of times in my recollection (because i was so young). But i cried the hardest i have ever cried that night. i remember the feeling. and to this day it motivates me. i need to take advantage of this life for my sister Michelle. She will never get the chance to. She deserved the world, but it was robbed from her. I must succeed, for her.

3. My Father. After living with my aunt for about a year, my dad moved my sister and I up to the bay area with him. Simply taking us in makes me forever grateful but to know where he came from makes it that much more special, before I was born I know he was a partier, drugs, alcohol, cigarettes, and motorcycles. He has been sober for my whole life, I am not too sure of the exact years for each but to give up his lifestyle to better himself.  to have the discipline to stick to it, easily makes him a Phenomenal man. Not to mention going through the death of a daughter, and cold turkey raising two teenagers with a ton of issues (remember my sister was 13, i was 10 when we moved in with him). he did the best he could for us and my heart and soul belong to him for it. he may not even realize how much he has impacted my life but he has. He taught me how to deal with difficult situations, he taught me how to be a man, he taught me why i must work hard now, so i don't struggle while i am older. I must succeed, for him.

4. Melissa. My one full blood. she has been with me from birth she has endured all the pain I have, but most likely on a deeper level being older and able to comprehend more of the childhood we endured. Not to mention,  I was a punk kid that would fight with her constantly, but I loved her no matter what, she put up with a lot of my bullshit, and still does. one memory that sticks clearly  in my head is when I was walking home from school i was in 6th or 7th grade. A group of 5 high school kids started picking on me, pushing me talking all kinds of crap to me, I was scared shitless. and I didn't know it but out of no where my sister came up and confronted them, they never bothered me again. for a female to confront 5 big dudes out of instinct, shows the heart and compassion she has. she has always had my back no matter what, even though we both are working hard at our own lives and we don't talk as much as we should, I know I can always count on her and she can always count on me. She is a magnificent strong woman. She taught me what it means to be a good person both, not for my own selfish needs, but simply because we all deserve better, if I can help someone I will, not for me, but for them. I must succeed, for her.

There is endless amounts of motivation, I could tell you 3000 more stories, or reasons but those 4 give me the motivation every day.  My mom, dad, and Melissa, I want to say I love you all unconditionally. I am always here for you, even though I don't call. you are always in my hearts.

To all my family, friends, you are just as big in my life, you all have shaped me into the man I am today and I gratefully owe you all my success.  I love you all. in order to succeed I am sacrificing my seeing you as much as I'd like, but I am doing this for you. I will not let you down.

To my clients, you are my family. I am not lying when i say this,  I care about you all, you are my life. I want you to be the best you possible. To succeed in your goals, and love yourself. Never give up and find inspiration in everything you do. you are the world to me, and thank you for giving me the lessons, food, relationships, acceptance, and love that i receive from you all. without you, i may just be another wandering soul existing, but with you I have learned to actually live.

My first blog is a little lengthy i understand, so if you actually took the time to read it through. thank you so much. I hope you got something out of it. and Please remember you are capable of so much.

thank you, thank you, thank you.

and remember

God loves you, Mike(y) Loves you, So love yourself!

1 comment:

  1. My Boo, I love you with all my heart. I couldn't have ever asked for a better son. I am so very proud of you for all you have accomplished and Im sorry for all we went through together. You are a wonderful man. You and your sister saved my life & changed my life forever. You made life worth living.
    Love Always,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete