Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Confidence baby, You gotta have it.

If you tell yourself that you can't do something, You probably won't do it. It is not a matter of if you can or you can't, it is a matter of if you will or you won't.

In order to accomplish any goal or task you must believe in yourself or you will not get it done. You will continue sulking in your sorrow about how you "are not good enough" or how "He/She is better than you."
I remember growing up I was the most insecure kid on the planet. I didn't believe in myself or that I could make anything of myself with my life.

Excuse my french, but it is quite a shitty feeling. It leads you no where. So why do we as humans feel the need to beat themselves up and over think everything.  It doesn't matter what you want if you don't believe you can attain it.

It doesn't matter your goal. In high school my goals were to be an impact player on the varsity football team, Date the girl that sat next to me in math class and never get less than a B in any class. I had a goal of going to college full time after high school, of gaining massive weight in the weight room and finding my niche, something to be known for.

Did I attain my goals? No...
Now before you think this is a sob story and me looking for a pity party.

I am bringing this up not to make you feel bad for me. But to show you that this was all on my own accord.
The moment somebody told me that I couldn't do something I believed them.
I let another person affect my enjoyment of life. I let words stop me from my capable actions. 
It wasn't that I couldn't be a great football player, I didn't put in the effort to be a great football player.
Was what I became known for, what I wanted to be remembered for?
No... not at all.
Did I not excel in school because I was simply too dumb......
No, I didn't put in the effort.

The moment I realized other people can't make me do anything and the moment I realized I am responsible for the outcomes of my goals, is the moment I stopped feeling sorry for myself. It is the moment I gained my confidence.

I'll admit it wasn't an easy thing to do, It took me years to figure it out. Years of masking my insecurities and faking my confidence until I finally got it.

Over time you stop caring what others think. When your mind is controlled by negativity there is nothing else to do but change.
No where else to go, but up.


Now enough about me, my goal is not to talk about me. What I desire is to help you learn from my past mistakes.

Confidence is the not so hidden key to accomplishing every goal.
Confidence is the not so hidden key to love.
Confidence is the not so hidden key to happiness.

No matter your goal, there will be naysayers. There will be people telling you that you can't. That you are ridiculous.

If you want to lose 20 lbs people will tell you that you don't have the will power.
If you want to become a stud athlete or great musicians, there will be people to say you suck.
If you want to do some soul searching, people will tell you that your are selfish.
If you want to start a new career, people will tell you that you are too old.

Point being, People will tell you all sorts of things and the odds are it is because they have no will power, they suck, they are selfish, and they are too old.

If people tell you that you can't, don't take it personally because it is them that lack the necessary skills to do so.
Not you.

The next time someone tells you that you can't do something you need to quote my favorite childhood hero....


You can do it. You can do anything you want it life and you can accomplish any goal. It doesn't matter what they think.

It is not a matter of if you can or you can't.
As long as you have the confidence, you will.
Believe in yourself.

You are beautiful.
You are strong.
You are in charge.
You are the perfect one and the only you.

Don't let people get in the way of your confidence and don't let negative thoughts stop you from believing in yourself for if you do, your life will suck.

You will be living in your own self inflicted hell.


Be happy. Be confident.

Be you.

After all if you won't, no one else will.

God loves you, Mike(y) loves you, So please, please, please LOVE YOURSELF!

1 comment: