Friday, June 3, 2011

Desire: The passion that drives the action (My journey to my passion)

If i could go back 5, 10, even 15 years and look down the road to the person I would, could, and will become, I may have started my journey earlier. Growing up I had an interest in sports and fitness. I had always been interested in fitness.

I could have become great, if only my mind allowed it.
As a kid I lacked coordination, size, speed, and strength, and a strong mindset. I was never the best, but I was also never the worst. I fit somewhere in the gray area.

I thought of myself as someone who gave it 100 percent to reach my goals.

I stayed after practice to work out, after all sport performance is all about your weight room strength and not skill, movement, mindset, and nutrition right???

My mindset lacked courage, integrity, and positivity.

My nutrition, well....It was the nutrition of champions



I ate probably 2 times a day, If it wasn't fast food it was some other variety of what would be classified as junk food.

My hydration, well....It was the hydration of a champions

I couldn't understand why i wasn't getting the playing time i "felt" i deserved.

It wasn't that I believed what I was doing was right, I didn't have a desire to change my ways. I enjoyed living my lifestyle, my nutrition, and being able to say I was an "athlete", but what did I do to become that athlete....not much.

I felt that since I was skinny, it was the fact that I was undersized, or maybe the coaches didn't like me, or maybe the world was conspiring to prevent me from attaining my dreams.

The world was against me. There was nothing within my power to change that.

Now that I look back, I realize that those were all excuses. I didn't want to work to be better, I expected magically to be better. I believed that I was better.  Oh How wrong I was.

As I finished high school, I decided that working out never did anything for me, I weighed the same through my 4 years of high school, even though I trained consistently. I never attained the muscle man physique that I expected. All I gained through it was the endorphins and skill of working out. I didn't necessarily understand what I was doing, but thanks to numerous weight lifting classes and summer lifting programs I did have a passion and understanding of working out.....

Then something changed in me.

I began to enjoy a new culture and nutrition program towards the end of my high school career....
 

Partying



As I started partying, I began to lose focus in the gym.
I didn't care anymore. My idea was to screw my dreams of being an athlete, forget working out and just live life "care free".

after all, I am naturally thin anyways...

Did I finally understand life? Was it about partying, living with no goals, and not caring about school or work?

 I never attained my dreams before, I never became the stud athlete I hoped to be, I never got straight A's, and I never was the coolest kid in school. I never got really "buff" from working out.

Life must be about the whole "screw the world, I am going to have as much stupid unremembered fun as possible."..right??

Oh how wrong I was.

Now being where I am at in my life, Working in the Health and fitness field I understand. I was so far off it is almost unfathomable.

I was within inches of losing my life. Within inches of forgetting my passion forever.

I was blessed by God to be sent to Visalia, CA.

 It wasn't a sudden change from my partying ways though.
I had still maintained my same lifestyle while living here. Partying, working, and staying in school to get health benefits from my dads work. I got fired from a job for something I did not do and actually tried to prevent. I lost all motivation to do anything.
I damn near lost my life. My pride was damaged and I felt ashamed. I moved in with an aunt and uncle, and that is when IT happened. My journey in the fitness industry had began, even though I didn't notice.....

I started working out regularly at a gym named California Fitness Academy. After all like I said before fitness was a passion of my past. I enjoyed the psychological rewards of exercising, and at this time in my life I needed it most. I was depressed, lost, and so confused about my purpose in life. I needed to do something...anything.

I worked out continuous for a good 6-8 months and through doing so my future boss and current cousin offered me an internship, non paying but something else to occupy my time and my mind. I began sitting in the gym as much as I could, learning the trade. I was blessed to help with the COS softball team, and various other clients. I was given material to learn and new workouts to try.

I had found passion again. I began to think more positive, talk to more people, and learn more, and more, and more.

The passion was here, all that was left was to fuel my desire.
I had passion to do something again, but the desire to do my best still wasn't there.

I acted like I was doing everything I could, and was frustrated because I wasn't as smart as I felt that I should be.
then something changed...

I was offered a position, Trainer Mikey...has a nice ring to it huh?

Then the desire flowed. It was no longer something to do. It was no longer something to occupy my mind.

I became my passion.



As I continue to work through the weeks I aim to improve every day, for I know my best 3 years ago is weak compared to my best today. The hope is one day not be the best, for that is a relative term, but what I do want to be is GREAT

I know what I expect out of life, I know what it takes to get there, and I no longer make excuses. I will work my ass off to achieve my dreams.  The passion the drives this action, is not material items. The passion that drives this action is not my image. The passion that drives this action, is not superficial. The passion that drives this action comes from within.

The passion that drives this action is DESIRE.
Desire to be a great family man,  a great boyfriend(husband someday), a great trainer.
Desire to save lives, to relieve pain, to change thoughts, to give health.
Desire to dream, give dreams, support dreams, make dreams possible.
Desire to heal, love, and give tears...tears of joy.
I have a desire to do many things.

because once again, i found my passion, and what is desire?

The passion that drives the action.


Life is not about being somebody you think you should be, but If you allow yourself you can be great at anything.
It just depends on what you are willing to put into it.

If I would have had the mindset and knowledge I have now, I could have been a great athlete, student etc.
But if I had the mindset and knowledge I have now, I may not be here right now.
I do not regret my earlier years for they helped me grow, but I will take my future into my own hands.
The past is unchangeable, but the future is not yet set.


Find your desire, Hone your passion.
We can all be great, but do you truly want to work for greatness?
Are you willing to give your time, energy, social life and money to improve?
Are you willing to write out your goals and dreams?
Are you willing to be rejected?
Are you willing it fail?
You need to understand there is both pain and failure in success, If you don't feel pain, If you don't fail, If you don't feel uncomfortable then there is no growth.

To succeed we need to grow.
No one is entitled to anything in this world....You must work your butt off to truly be happy. You must know pain before you really get to enjoy pleasure.....

If you expect it, it most likely will not come. You need to desire it.

and what is desire?

The passion that drives the action.

Thank you...
God loves you, mike(y) loves you, so love yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment